Find Time for Anything.

COLLENS EVANS writes in my lover,
my friend: “I’m not sure exactly what I said,
but between sniffs and sobs…I told him
how hungry I was to be with him,
to have time to talk and dream alone…

“We sat and talked for a long time,
saying things we both wanted and needed to hear
…I remember louie thanked me
for being honest about my feelings…..

And then he did a simple,
practical and, to me very beautiful thing.
He took his little date book from his pocket,
and looked until he found a free night.

it happened to be Thursday
of the following week, and he said,
that’s our night’….Out of that night
came a decision to put aside time
every week for same purpose….and so
it has been in all years since….Thursday night.

“Now I’m sure many couples
are able to find time for each other
in as easy unscheduled way,
and that’s wonderful.

But that didn’t work for us.
With our kind of life
we found we had to make time.
You will never “find time for anything.
If you want time, you must make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment