MARRIAGE REQUIRES FALLING IN LOVE MANY TIMES

A MAN who had been married
to his childhood sweetheart
for more than thirty years, said,
“I still like to hold my wife’s hand,”

He want on to admit, however,
that he enjoyed holding his wife’s hand
for a different reason now than he was a teenager.
“When we were kids,” he reflected,

“I got an electric spark
when I touched her hand.
Now when my life seems filled
with too much electricity,
I get a sense of peace when I hold her hand.”

The touch of a hand
can mean more than,
“I love you.” Sometimes it can mean,
“I care,” or “I need you,” or simply, “I’m here.”

The roots of love
become branched and intertwined over time.
Love and intimacy are found
in many aspects of marriage.
Sometimes those are rooted in compassion,
sometimes in a sense of doing what is right.

Sometimes they grow from giving help,
other times from receiving help.
Take a fresh look at your spouse toady.
Change your perspective.
Find something new to appreciate.

You may very well find yourself
falling in love all over again!
A successful marriage requires
falling in love many times
always with the same person.

No comments:

Post a Comment